Quantcast

Monday, September 01, 2014         

 Print   Email   Comment | View 3 Comments   Most Popular   Save   Post   Retweet

Cause of Pearl City house fire traced to electrical short

By Star-Advertiser staff

POSTED:
LAST UPDATED: 11:53 a.m. HST, Oct 05, 2012


An electrical short circuit caused an early morning fire that destroyed a Pearl City home Thursday, according to a Honolulu fire official. 

Capt. Gary Lum said the circuit fed the resident’s refrigerator and freezer located in the garage of the home located on the 1600 block of Hookani Street. Excessive accumulation of materials in the home added fuel to the fire, said Lum. 

Damage was estimated at $260,000 to the property and $40,000 to its contents.

The alarm for the fire at the three-bedroom home, which was built in 1961, was turned in at 1:14 a.m. The fire was brought under control 25 minutes later, but not fully extinguished until 4:40 a.m.

No one was home when the blaze broke out. The Red Cross was at the scene helping the woman who lived in the home.






 Print   Email   Comment | View 3 Comments   Most Popular   Save   Post   Retweet

COMMENTS
(3)
You must be subscribed to participate in discussions


IN OTHER NEWS
Breaking News