Quantcast

Sunday, November 23, 2014         

 Print   Email   Comment | View 0 Comments   Most Popular   Save   Post   Retweet

Three neighbors help put out Big Island fire

By Star-Advertiser staff

POSTED:
LAST UPDATED: 11:51 p.m. HST, Oct 18, 2010



 

Three fast-acting neighbors helped extinguish a fire at a Pepeekeo house this evening, Big Island fire officials said.

Hawaii County Fire Department said the three good Samaritans were Florencio Carreira, Kevin Nathaniel and Gilbert Kualii. 

Fire investigators determined the fire, reported at 6:12 p.m., was caused by an accidental spill of gasoline.

Damage to the house, located at 28-2889 Kapehu Pl., was estimated at $500 to the structure and $2,500 to its contents.

When firefighters arrived, the fire was already extinguished and no flames were visible.

No one was injured in the blaze.






 Print   Email   Comment | View 0 Comments   Most Popular   Save   Post   Retweet

COMMENTS
(0)
You must be subscribed to participate in discussions


IN OTHER NEWS
Breaking News