POSTED: 1:30 a.m. HST, Dec 15, 2013
LAST UPDATED: 3:05 a.m. HST, Dec 15, 2013
A few facts about Kauai's beaches.
• Kauai has more than 50 miles of white-sand beach — more than any other Hawaiian Island.
• The Garden Island has twice the percentage of sandy beaches as Oahu.
• Kauai has about 60 individual beaches spread over 113 miles of shoreline.
• Lumahai Beach is where Mitzi Gaynor “washed that man right out of my hair” in the film “South Pacific.”
• Be careful out there: 17 people have drowned on Kauai’s shoreline this year alone.