comscore Neighbors, officer evacuate 100-year-old man after Hilo home fills with smoke | Honolulu Star-Advertiser
Top News

Neighbors, officer evacuate 100-year-old man after Hilo home fills with smoke

[ AD HAS BEEN REMOVED FROM THIS STORY ]

 

 

A Big Island police officer and neighbors were credited with saving a Hilo home and evacuating the  100-year-old resident who apparently left a pot on a propane burner that burned and filled the Iloko Street home with smoke last night, Hawaii County fire officials said.

The fire caused minimal damage but the 100-year-old occupant was in the rear bedroom when the fire broke out shortly after 6 p.m. last night, firefighters said.

 

Comments have been disabled for this story...

Click here to see our full coverage of the coronavirus outbreak. Submit your coronavirus news tip.

Be the first to know
Get web push notifications from Star-Advertiser when the next breaking story happens — it's FREE! You just need a supported web browser.
Subscribe for this feature

Scroll Up