comscore Honolulu man dies of injuries in single-vehicle crash last week | Honolulu Star-Advertiser
Top News

Honolulu man dies of injuries in single-vehicle crash last week

[ AD HAS BEEN REMOVED FROM THIS STORY ]

A 33-year-old Honolulu man has died of injuries from a single vehicle crash near Aloha Stadium last week.

Filipo Ioane Jr. is the 60th person to die on Oahu’s roads this year. There were 55 traffic deaths last year. 

Ioane was the only person in a green 1995 Ford Explorer at around 6 a.m. last Wednesday when it crashed at the Kamehameha HIghway/Pearlridge exit of Moanalua Freeway Waianae-bound, about 65 feet east of the Aiea Access Road Overpass, police said.

Police said he sustained critical head injuries when the Explorer veered to the right and up a dirt and concrete embankment, hit three concrete support pillars under the overpass, fell back onto the road, hit a guardrail on the left shoulder and came to rest in the far right lane. There were no other occupants in the SUV.

Ioane was taken in critical condition to the Queen’s Medical Center. He died there yesterday, the city Medical Examiner’s Office said. An autopsy is being performed today.

 

Comments have been disabled for this story...

Click here to see our full coverage of the coronavirus outbreak. Submit your coronavirus news tip.

Be the first to know
Get web push notifications from Star-Advertiser when the next breaking story happens — it's FREE! You just need a supported web browser.
Subscribe for this feature

Scroll Up