comscore Family homeless after fire damages Wahiawa home
Top News

Family homeless after fire damages Wahiawa home

Honolulu Star-Advertiser logo
Unlimited access to premium stories for as low as $12.95 /mo.
Get It Now

A Wahiawa family of seven is homeless Tuesday after a house fire that appeared to have been started by an electrical malfunction.

The woman and five children — all under the age of 10 — were home when the fire started at 1828 Eames St. about 8:35 p.m., said fire Capt. Terry Seelig.

Everyone got out without injury. The woman’s husband was not home at the time.

Seelig said it appears that the fire started with the electrical panel in the kitchen and spread rapidly through the four-bedroom, single-family wooden home.

The kitchen and a couple other rooms were heavily damaged while the rest of the house sustained smoke damage, Seelig said.

Firefighters arrived within 10 minutes and brought the blaze under control in about two minutes.

A damage estimate has not been made.

The American Red Cross is assisting the family.


Comments have been disabled for this story...

Click here to see our full coverage of the coronavirus outbreak. Submit your coronavirus news tip.

Be the first to know
Get web push notifications from Star-Advertiser when the next breaking story happens — it's FREE! You just need a supported web browser.
Subscribe for this feature

Scroll Up