comscore Man who died in fire caused by welding accident is identified | Honolulu Star-Advertiser
Top News

Man who died in fire caused by welding accident is identified

The Honolulu Medical Examiner’s Office identified an 82-year-old Pearl City man who died after he was burned in a welding accident at his home as Harry Kimura.

He was using an arc welder for a hobby project on Upalu Street when sparks from the welder lit his wheelchair on fire about 1:50 p.m. Tuesday, said Honolulu fire Capt. Terry Seelig.

Neighbors put out the flames with garden hoses.

Paramedics took Kimura to Straub Clinic & Hospital in serious condition, but he died at 12:12 p.m. Wednesday.

The Medical Examiner’s office said Kimura died of shock caused by thermal 

Comments have been disabled for this story...

Click here to see our full coverage of the coronavirus outbreak. Submit your coronavirus news tip.

Be the first to know
Get web push notifications from Star-Advertiser when the next breaking story happens — it's FREE! You just need a supported web browser.
Subscribe for this feature

Scroll Up