comscore Misused extension cord blamed for Makaha shed fire
Top News

Misused extension cord blamed for Makaha shed fire

Honolulu Star-Advertiser logo
Unlimited access to premium stories for as low as $12.95 /mo.
Get It Now
[ AD HAS BEEN REMOVED FROM THIS STORY ]

Fire investigators said improper use of an extension cord was to blame for a fire that destroyed a storage shed on Jade Street in Makaha Wednesday morning.

A man was living in the shed temporarily, said Honolulu fire Capt. Terry Seelig.

Damage to the plastic shed and its contents was estimated at $2,000.

The American Red Cross Hawaii Chapter was called in to assist the man who was displaced by the fire, Seelig said.

The alarm was turned in at 8:12 a.m. and the fire brought under control at 8:21 a.m.

Comments have been disabled for this story...

Click here to see our full coverage of the coronavirus outbreak. Submit your coronavirus news tip.

Be the first to know
Get web push notifications from Star-Advertiser when the next breaking story happens — it's FREE! You just need a supported web browser.
Subscribe for this feature

Scroll Up