A 19-year-old woman who died after collapsing at a rave in Kapolei has been identified by the Honolulu Medical Examiner’s Office as Rachel Clute of Kaneohe.
Clute died of a loss of oxygen to the brain due to toxic effects of methamphetamine and ecstasy, the office said.
Police said Clute was attending a rave event when she went into cardiac arrest about 2:25 a.m. April 1. She was taken unresponsive to a hospital where she died Tuesday.
There have been a handful of ecstasy-related deaths over the years, according to the Honolulu Medical Examiner’s office.
In 2011, two people died of toxic effects of ecstasy, while one person died of the same cause in 2008, 2009 and 2010.