comscore Shark warning signs taken down at Nanakuli Beach Park | Honolulu Star-Advertiser
Top News

Shark warning signs taken down at Nanakuli Beach Park

[ AD HAS BEEN REMOVED FROM THIS STORY ]

Lifeguards took down shark warning signs after no sharks were seen Sunday morning, a spokeswoman for the Ocean Safety Division said.

The warning signs went up after a shark, said to be aggressive and feeding, was seen offshore of Nanakuli Beach Park Saturday afternoon.

A spokeswoman for the Ocean Safety Division said lifeguards confirmed the sighting of the 8-foot shark and advised beach-goers to stay out of the water.

Shark warning signs were also posted at Nanakuli Beach Park on January 12. There were three shark sightings in October and November of last year.

Click here to see our full coverage of the coronavirus outbreak. Submit your coronavirus news tip.

Be the first to know
Get web push notifications from Star-Advertiser when the next breaking story happens — it's FREE! You just need a supported web browser.
Subscribe for this feature
Comments have been disabled for this story...

Scroll Up