A 56-year-old man was apparently electrocuted in an industrial accident in Mountain View Thursday morning, Hawaii County police said.
Police said the man was inspecting a newly installed water tank when he apparently received a fatal shock about 9 a.m. The incident happened at a site off Route 11, near North Kulani Road.
A 51-year-old Honokaa man who was working nearby was able to de-energize the electrical system, but sustaining minor injuries from exposure to electricity, police said.
The elder man was taken to Hilo Medical Center, where he was pronounced dead at 10:32 a.m.
Police classified the incident as an industrial accident. Police withheld the name of the victim pending notification of his relatives.