comscore $500 million Princess Kaiulani work on hold | Honolulu Star-Advertiser
Top News

$500 million Princess Kaiulani work on hold

  • DENNIS ODA / DODA@STARADVERTISER.COM
    The Sheraton Princess Kaiu­lani’s two lower towers — Princess and Kaiu­lani — will be razed
[ AD HAS BEEN REMOVED FROM THIS STORY ]

Kyo-ya Hotels & Resorts LP will not close the Sheraton Princess Kaiulani hotel in August, as previously announced.

The hotel will remain open through the end of the first quarter of 2015 and possibly longer, while management evaluates the future of the property, according to a statement released Friday.

The original design concept for the hotel’s $500 million redevelopment was announced in November.

"This is a very important decision and Kyo-ya is very committed to the community and what impact this project will have in Waikiki," said Takamasa Osano, Kyo-ya president, in a statement.  "It is my desire to carefully review the plans before moving forward."

Starwood Hotels & Resorts operates the Princess Kaiulani and "fully supports Kyo-ya’s decision" to keep the hotel operational, said Harris Chan, regional vice president.

Click here to see our full coverage of the coronavirus outbreak. Submit your coronavirus news tip.

Be the first to know
Get web push notifications from Star-Advertiser when the next breaking story happens — it's FREE! You just need a supported web browser.
Subscribe for this feature
Comments have been disabled for this story...

Scroll Up