comscore Police, sheriffs look for another missing work furlough inmate | Honolulu Star-Advertiser
Top News

Police, sheriffs look for another missing work furlough inmate

    Sean Johnson

Honolulu police and state sheriffs are looking for another inmate who failed to return from a work furlough.

Sean Johnson was supposed to return to the Oahu Community Correctional Facility from work at 2 a.m. Tuesday, the Department of Public Safety said in a news release.

Johnson, who was serving time for second-degree theft, is described as 5 feet, 11 inches tall, weighing 210 pounds. He has brown eyes, gray hair and is balding on top. He may also have a goatee.

Johnson’s next parole hearing is scheduled in July. But he faces an escape charge when found.

Two other work furlough inmates who were supposed to be out looking for jobs were charged Thursday and accused of using the time to commit kidnapping and robbery.

Kalai P. Tavares, 34, was charged with four counts of kidnapping, robbery in the second degree and promoting a dangerous drug in the third degree. Robert S. Gibson, 31, was charged with four counts of kidnapping and robbery in the second degree.

Bail for each was set at $100,000.

The two are accused of trespassing on a Makiki property Tuesday and tying up three people there, as well as tying up a fourth person who was nearby. They asked the victims for drugs and weapons, and took handbags belonging to three of the victims, according to a news release from the city Prosecutor’s Office.

Authorities are also looking for OCCC inmate Ikaika Nixon, 30,  left at 12:20 p.m. Wednesday on a job-seeking pass and failed to return  at the scheduled time of 5 p.m. 

Nixon is 5-feet, 7-inches tall, and weighs 230 pounds, with brown hair and brown eyes. He has several tattoos on his face, neck and arms. The word Candyce is tattooed across his throat.  

Nixon is serving time for second-degree robbery. His next parole hearing is scheduled for June. He faces an escape charge when recaptured.

Another missing inmate William Williams, 51,  was caught in Kaneohe Tuesday. Williams failed to return to the Laumaka Work Furlough Center Monday at 4:30 a.m

Click here to see our full coverage of the coronavirus outbreak. Submit your coronavirus news tip.

Be the first to know
Get web push notifications from Star-Advertiser when the next breaking story happens — it's FREE! You just need a supported web browser.
Subscribe for this feature
Comments have been disabled for this story...

Scroll Up