A helicopter took an 11-year-old Boy Scout from a campground at Haleakala National Park to the hospital after he suffered third-degree burns when a pot of boiling water fell on him Monday, Maui Police reported.
The incident happened at about 10:11 a.m. at the Kipahulu camp ground.
Police said the boy, from El Paso, Texas, was camping with his Boy Scout troop.
He was initially reported in serious condition, but the injuries were not life-threatening.
Police said a helicopter took the boy to the Maui Memorial Medical Center. He was later flown to Oahu for further treatment and was in stable condition.