comscore Kaneohe residents escape fire thanks to smoke alarm
Top News

Kaneohe residents escape fire thanks to smoke alarm

Honolulu Star-Advertiser logo
Unlimited access to premium stories for as low as $12.95 /mo.
Get It Now

Five residents of a Kaneohe house, alerted by a smoke alarm, managed to escape a house fire Tuesday night.

Firefighters were called to 45-226 William Henry Road at 7:28 p.m.

Two men were evaluated by the Emergency Medical Services personnel for smoke inhalation and refused further treatment.

The first unit arrived at 7:31 p.m. and found the single-story, single-family home with moderate smoke coming from the back of the home.

Fire department personnel used compressed air foam to bring the fire under control at 7:42 p.m., and had the blaze fully extinguished by 8:03 p.m.

One resident returned into the house to use a garden hose to contain the fire to the bedroom before firefighters arrived.

American Red Cross responded to assist the family.

The fire remains under investigation.

Comments have been disabled for this story...

Click here to see our full coverage of the coronavirus outbreak. Submit your coronavirus news tip.

Be the first to know
Get web push notifications from Star-Advertiser when the next breaking story happens — it's FREE! You just need a supported web browser.
Subscribe for this feature

Scroll Up