Fire crews put out a kitchen fire at the Panda Express at Prince Kuhio Plaza in Hilo on Friday morning.
Eight firefighters responded to a 6:30 a.m. alarm and found a small fire confined to the restaurant’s kitchen area, according to the Hawaii County Fire Department.
No occupants were in the restaurant at the time. While assessing the interior, they found a propane gas line to an appliance on fire and shut off the gas supply. The fire was out at 6:40 a.m.
No estimated damages or cause of fire were available.