Hawaii Island police transported a 16-year-old boy this morning to a juvenile facility after he reportedly sold two girls brownies believed to be tainted with marijuana.
One of the girls was taken by ambulance to Kona Community Hospital from Kealakehe High School after passing out and convulsing after eating the pakalolo confection. A second student also went to the hospital after ingesting the treat.
The boy, who has been charged with promoting a controlled substance as well as assault in the third degree, is now at the Hale Hoomalu Juvenile Detention Facility in Kapolei.
School officials found additional brownies in his backpack upon investigation. A brownie and marijuana was also found in a second student’s belongings.
Both girls have been discharged from the hospital.