comscore Burning of green waste sparked Waipahu fire, firefighters say | Honolulu Star-Advertiser
911 Report | Hawaii News | Top News

Burning of green waste sparked Waipahu fire, firefighters say

A fire that burned a storage structure Friday night in Waipahu was accidentally caused by the burning of green waste, a Honolulu Fire Department spokesman said today.

HFD Capt. Scot Seguirant said the fire at 94-768 Kaaholo St. caused about $60,000 in damage.

Firefighters were sent to the blaze at 6:52 p.m. and found a woman in her 90s outside of the burning structure.

Emergency Medical Services treated the woman, the only person home at the time, and took her to a hospital in stable condition. It was unclear what kind of medical attention she needed.

Twenty-six firefighters with seven units extinguished the fire by 7:24 p.m.

Comments (0)

By participating in online discussions you acknowledge that you have agreed to the Terms of Service. An insightful discussion of ideas and viewpoints is encouraged, but comments must be civil and in good taste, with no personal attacks. If your comments are inappropriate, you may be banned from posting. Report comments if you believe they do not follow our guidelines.

Having trouble with comments? Learn more here.

Scroll Up