Rearview Mirror: 1500 Kapiolani Blvd. has long, storied past
By Bob Sigall, Special to the Star-Advertiser
Feb. 12, 2021
Mahalo for supporting Honolulu Star-Advertiser. Enjoy this free story!
Kumu hula Iolani Luahine and her dancers performed at Charles Amalu’s Hawaiian Town’s grand opening on Dec. 31, 1936. The restaurant, which occupied 1500 Kapiolani Blvd., closed in 1946. In 1947 it became a restaurant called The Torch.