comscore Kokua Line: How do I replace my CDC card if I don’t know who provided my COVID-19 vaccine? | Honolulu Star-Advertiser
Every act of aloha counts. Click here to DONATE to the MAUI RELIEF Fund.
Hawaii News | Kokua Line

Kokua Line: How do I replace my CDC card if I don’t know who provided my COVID-19 vaccine?

Honolulu Star-Advertiser logo
Unlimited access to premium stories for as low as $12.95 /mo.
Get It Now

Question: I know the state Health Department says to go back to the provider if you lost your CDC card, but what if you don’t know the provider? My card went through the wash, and I can’t read it at all. I got it at Leeward Community College, but that’s the location, not the provider, and the site isn’t open anymore anyway.

Answer: In your case, call the state Department of Health’s COVID-19 vaccine hotline at 586-8332. After the greeting, say “replace vaccine card” and then continue to respond as appropriate to the voice prompts. As you indicated, how to replace a COVID-19 vaccination record depends on where you were vaccinated. Here is the process for individuals vaccinated at common locations in Hawaii, according to the Health Department:

If you were vaccinated:

>> At a hospital, pharmacy, clinic, health center, Department of Defense or Veterans Affairs, contact the location/provider that administered the vaccine. The Health Department uses location and provider interchangeably in this sense.

>> At Windward Community College, Windward Health Center Point of Dispensing (POD), Behavioral Health Administration, Leeward Community College or the University of Hawaii, call 586-8332 as described in the initial response.

>> At a Health Department POD on Kauai, Maui or the Big Island, call the district health office in the respective county. Kauai: 241-3495. Maui: 984-3780. Hawaii island: 9774-6006.

>> At a POD that is closed and you know who ran it, contact the provider that operated the POD. For example, Hawaii Pacific Health operated the mass-vaccination site at Pier 2. HPH’s website is

>> At a POD that is closed and you don’t know who ran it, call the Health Department’s COVID- 19 vaccine hotline at 586-8332 or 833-711-0645. Be prepared to provide your name, date of birth, phone number and email address, along with your vaccination location and the date and approximate time you received a shot.

Be forewarned that a provider may not be able to provide a new CDC card — many don’t have extras in stock — but should be able to provide a vaccination record that includes the date(s) you were vaccinated and the type/brand of COVID-19 vaccine you received.

Some providers, such as Safeway, emailed people a digital version of their COVID-19 vaccination record after vaccine completion. Providers’ websites might have more information about this option, if it is available.

Last, if you registered with the Vaccine Administration Management System ( when you signed up for your COVID-19 shot(s), you should be able to log into that system and print out a VAMS certificate verifying that you are vaccinated.

Q: Do I have to make an appointment to get a duplicate title? Also, does the form have to be notarized even if I own the vehicle free and clear?

A: An appointment via is recommended to obtain a duplicate title, and yes, the application form must be notarized whether there’s a lien on the vehicle or not, according to Honolulu County’s Department of Customer Services.

Find a link to the form and more information about the process at, under the green tab that says, “Vehicle Title.”


I had my hip surgery scheduled for Aug. 27 canceled on Oahu due to COVID-19. It was explained to me that they had no beds or staff left. I had my vaccine in March. — Reader


I would like to give a big mahalo to Rachel, who works at the 7-­ Eleven Aiea. On the night of Aug. 1, I dropped my wallet in the parking lot. She found it and took the time to contact me. I was so relieved and grateful. Thank you, Rachel, for your honesty and thought­fulness. May you be blessed many times over. — Cullen M.

Write to Kokua Line at Honolulu Star-Advertiser, 7 Waterfront Plaza, Suite 210, 500 Ala Moana Blvd., Honolulu 96813; call 529-4773; fax 529-4750; or email

Comments (6)

By participating in online discussions you acknowledge that you have agreed to the Terms of Service. An insightful discussion of ideas and viewpoints is encouraged, but comments must be civil and in good taste, with no personal attacks. If your comments are inappropriate, you may be banned from posting. Report comments if you believe they do not follow our guidelines.

Having trouble with comments? Learn more here.

Click here to see our full coverage of the coronavirus outbreak. Submit your coronavirus news tip.

Be the first to know
Get web push notifications from Star-Advertiser when the next breaking story happens — it's FREE! You just need a supported web browser.
Subscribe for this feature

Scroll Up