comscore 2 injured in Hilo garage fire linked to propane tank | Honolulu Star-Advertiser
Top News

2 injured in Hilo garage fire linked to propane tank

Two people were injured in a building fire caused by the ignition of a propane tank on Thursday evening in Hilo.

The Hawaii County Fire Department reported that two patients were transported to Hilo Medical Center in stable condition after the fire at a home on Pohai Street at about 7 p.m.. The gender and ages of the victim were not disclosed, nor were the extent of their injuries.

The fire was linked to an ignition of a propane tank supplying a hot water heater in the home’s garage, and was extinguished before fire department crews arrived on the scene, according to the department’s report.

Comments (0)

By participating in online discussions you acknowledge that you have agreed to the Terms of Service. An insightful discussion of ideas and viewpoints is encouraged, but comments must be civil and in good taste, with no personal attacks. If your comments are inappropriate, you may be banned from posting. Report comments if you believe they do not follow our guidelines.

Having trouble with comments? Learn more here.

Click here to see our full coverage of the coronavirus outbreak. Submit your coronavirus news tip.

Be the first to know
Get web push notifications from Star-Advertiser when the next breaking story happens — it's FREE! You just need a supported web browser.
Subscribe for this feature

Scroll Up