comscore Waimanalo fire originated in garage with cooking equipment
Top News

Waimanalo fire originated in garage with cooking equipment

Honolulu Star-Advertiser logo
Unlimited access to premium stories for as low as $12.95 /mo.
Get It Now

A fire that burned the garage of a single-story home in Waimanalo over the weekend originated in an area where cooking equipment was found, Honolulu firefighters reported.

The Honolulu Fire Department today said that the building fire, which took place at 41-1441 Kuhimana St. Sunday morning, caused $193,000 in estimated damages to the property and $1,000 to its contents.

HFD’s investigation into the fire found that its origin was an area fronting a closet in a carport where cooking equipment was found. Firefighters arrived at the scene on Sunday to find heavy flames and smoke coming from the garage.

Nobody was injured from the fire, HFD reported.

Comments (1)

By participating in online discussions you acknowledge that you have agreed to the Terms of Service. An insightful discussion of ideas and viewpoints is encouraged, but comments must be civil and in good taste, with no personal attacks. If your comments are inappropriate, you may be banned from posting. Report comments if you believe they do not follow our guidelines.

Having trouble with comments? Learn more here.

Click here to see our full coverage of the coronavirus outbreak. Submit your coronavirus news tip.

Be the first to know
Get web push notifications from Star-Advertiser when the next breaking story happens — it's FREE! You just need a supported web browser.
Subscribe for this feature

Scroll Up