Family of 8 left homeless after blaze guts residence
By Star-Advertiser staff
June 25, 2014
Mahalo for supporting Honolulu Star-Advertiser. Enjoy this free story!
JAMM AQUINO / JAQUINO@STARADVERTISER.COM Firefighters worked through the charred shell of an Awamoku Street house on Tuesday in Waipahu. Eight people were displaced because of the fire, which might have started from a cooking mishap. Eight fire companies and 32 fire department personnel responded to the fire, which was reported at 3:01 p.m. and brought under control at 3:19 p.m. Damage is estimated at $450,000.