1. In the wake of the Triple Crown competitions, Waimea Valley, Kona Brewing Company and Freesurf Magazine presented its Freesurf Fest at Waimea Valley on Dec. 28. Highlights included a screening of John John Florence’s “View From A Blue Moon,” a bikini fashion show by Pakaloha Bikinis, and entertainment by Artis Brothers and Men in Grey Suits. See photos from the event at honolulupulse.com/2015/12/pics-freesurf.
2. Flamboyant performers Rhonda Corner and Miss Catwings presented a holiday party “with a twist,” Hula-Daze at Hula’s Waikiki on Saturday. See pics at honolulupulse.com/2015/12/pics-huladaze.
Ryan’s light music night fundraiser
3. Captain Smew the Pirate and Malia the Mermaid took photos with guests, and Henry Kapono, John Cruz, Kamuela Kahoano, Ron Artis, Siire, Simplisity and Dance Troupe Tahiti Mana gave performances at the Ryan’s Light Music Night Fundraiser at the Hawaii Yacht Club on Sunday. Jose Dynamite hosted the party, which funded music therapy and ukulele for pediatric cancer patients at Tripler and Kapiolani medical centers. See all the photos at honolulupulse.com/2015/12/pics-ryansfundraiser.
‘Adam Devine’s house party Hawaii’
4. Turtle Bay Resort was hopping on Dec. 17 with folks lined up to participate in the filming of Comedy Central’s “Adam Devine’s House Party Hawaii” at Surfer the Bar, while others joined an after-party for the Pipeline Masters. See a complete photo gallery at honolulupulse.com/2015/12/pics-devinehouseparty.
World Surf League
5. With two firsts for Brazil, Adriano De Souza took the World Surf League title along with the 45th Billabong Pipe Masters, cheered on by his admirers after the competition at Pipeline on Dec. 17. Fellow Brazilian Gabriel Medina won the trophy for the 2015 Vans Triple Crown of Surfing. See the photos at honolulupulse.com/2015/12/pics-billabongfinals.
By participating in online discussions you acknowledge that you have agreed to the Terms of Service. An insightful discussion of ideas and viewpoints is encouraged, but comments must be civil and in good taste, with no personal attacks. If your comments are inappropriate, you may be banned from posting. Report comments if you believe they do not follow our guidelines.
Having trouble with comments? Learn more here.