Rearview Mirror: Site of Moiliili Quarry became UH’s lower campus
Mahalo for supporting Honolulu Star-Advertiser. Enjoy this free story!
The Moiliili Quarry — now the University of Hawaii lower campus — was Oahu’s main source for rock for roads and buildings from 1889 to 1949.
In 1949 the quarry was tapped out, and the state turned it into a huge parking lot for UH students. The exposed five-story cliff face can be seen in the distance.
and our Terms of Service