Rearview Mirror: Readers on target with tales of the Green Turtle
Mahalo for supporting Honolulu Star-Advertiser. Enjoy this free story!
Evergreen was the first restaurant at 1529 Kapiolani Blvd., near Keeaumoku Street, from 1950 to 1962. The Green Turtle was there next, from 1962 to 1970.
COURTESY PETER RIVERA
STAR-ADVERTISER / 1969
John Saclausa entertained at the Green Turtle piano bar. He also played at Canlis, Queen’s Surf, South Seas Village, the Eagle’s Nest and Our Lady of Peace Cathedral downtown, where he was organist.
and our Terms of Service