Quantcast

Tuesday, September 30, 2014         

 Print   Email   Most Popular   Save   Post   Retweet

Electrical outlet malfunction causes Kailua apartment fire

By Star-Advertiser staff

POSTED:
LAST UPDATED: 12:54 p.m. HST, May 16, 2013

An electrical malfunction of a wall outlet behind a kitchen refrigerator was the cause of a fire that caused $65,000 in damage Tuesday to a Kailua apartment structure, according to the Honolulu Fire Department.

Fire spokesman Terry Seelig said Wednesday that the fire caused damage to the second-story apartment at 547 Wailepo St. Unit 4, including the kitchen and part of the living room and rafters. The Red Cross assisted a woman occupant in finding other shelter.






 Print   Email   Most Popular   Save   Post   Retweet

IN OTHER NEWS
Breaking News
Blogs
Political Radar
Spoilers

Volley Shots
Tuesday check-in

Political Radar
Taxing

Warrior Beat
Quick turnaround

Political Radar
`Side-by-side’

Political Radar
Fore!

Political Radar
1994

Island Crafters
Proud Mommy Status

Wassup Wit Dat!
Got You Now