POSTED: 11:33 a.m. HST, Aug 19, 2013
LAST UPDATED: 11:45 a.m. HST, Aug 19, 2013
Hawaii County police have identified the two victims of a fire that engulfed a Hilo home early Thursday morning.
Dental records were used to identify William Hachmeister, 67, and Dixeen Sakamoto, 60, both of Hilo. According to autopsy results, both victims died of toxic carbon monoxide inhalation tied to the house fire.
The fire at a home on Wainaku Avenue was reported at 1:08 a.m. Thursday. After firefighters extinguished the flames, the two bodies were discovered in the rubble.