Quantcast
  

Sunday, April 20, 2014         

 Print   Email   Comment | View 3 Comments   Most Popular   Save   Post   Retweet

Man shocked by electricity at Punahou School

By Star-Advertiser staff

POSTED:
LAST UPDATED: 02:40 a.m. HST, Aug 29, 2013



A 68-year-old man apparently received an electrical shock at Punahou School about noon Wednesday.

Emergency Medical Services officials reported his condition to be serious, and said he fell from a ladder after the electrical shock.

A spokeswoman for the school said in a written e-mail that the man was a school electrician involved in an electrical accident.

The man was taken to the hospital where he was being treated and held for observation.

The school is looking into the circumstances of the accident, but did not release any further details.

“Our priority at this time is the well-being of our employee,” the school said.






More From The Star-Advertiser

Newswatch




 Print   Email   Comment | View 3 Comments   Most Popular   Save   Post   Retweet

COMMENTS
(3)
You must be subscribed to participate in discussions
By participating in online discussions you acknowledge that you have agreed to the TERMS OF SERVICE. An insightful discussion of ideas and viewpoints is encouraged, but comments must be civil and in good taste, with no personal attacks. Because only subscribers are allowed to comment, we have your personal information and are able to contact you. If your comments are inappropriate, you may receive a warning, and if you persist with such comments you may be banned from posting. To report comments that you believe do not follow our guidelines, email commentfeedback@staradvertiser.com.
Leave a comment

Please login to leave a comment.
fstop wrote:
Shocked by electricity! Who would have guessed?
on August 29,2013 | 05:58AM
control wrote:
'shocked by electricity'? Seriously? The word you are looking for is electrocuted.
on August 29,2013 | 06:03AM
AlexandriaB wrote:
Hmmm, a few months ago, an electrician (?) came to my condo to test a wall light switch. He stuck a tester in the wall, was thrown back hard against the opposite wall then fell on the floor, and said "Oy, that's the second time today!" Should I have reported this to the Star-Advertiser as a news story?
on August 29,2013 | 10:14AM
IN OTHER NEWS
Breaking News