Firefighters Wednesday extinguished a smoldering fire inside a wall at one of the twin towers of a Pearl City condominium building.
Firefighters were called to a fire 2:25 p.m. at 1060 Kamehameha Highway at the Century Park Plaza, Tower A on the 22nd floor.
A plumber had used a torch to work on copper piping, completed his work and sealed the wall between two units.
The fire was reported an hour after the plumber left, said fire Capt. Terry Seelig.
No one was injured, and no evacuations occurred.
Firefighters had to pull hose across the roadway, locate the area of the smoldering fire by creating holes in the wall, and used water to extinguish it. The fire was under control at 3:45 p.m.
“If left unattended, it would have been a free-burning fire,” Seelig said.