September 28, 2016 | 78° | Check Traffic

Top News

Kahului shed fire ignited by kids playing with cigarette lighter

Children playing with a cigarette lighter ignited a fire in a shed in Kahului this morning.

No one was injured, and Maui County fire officials said the blaze had been extinguished by the time crews arrived.

The fire was reported at 8:45 a.m. at 55 Kuula street in Kahului.  

Damage to the contents of the shed was minimal and there was no damage to the structure.

No comments
By participating in online discussions you acknowledge that you have agreed to the TERMS OF SERVICE. An insightful discussion of ideas and viewpoints is encouraged, but comments must be civil and in good taste, with no personal attacks. Because only subscribers are allowed to comment, we have your personal information and are able to contact you. If your comments are inappropriate, you may be banned from posting. To report comments that you believe do not follow our guidelines, email commentfeedback@staradvertiser.com.