August 26, 2016 | 85° | Check Traffic

Top News

Three neighbors help put out Big Island fire

 

Three fast-acting neighbors helped extinguish a fire at a Pepeekeo house this evening, Big Island fire officials said.

Hawaii County Fire Department said the three good Samaritans were Florencio Carreira, Kevin Nathaniel and Gilbert Kualii. 

Fire investigators determined the fire, reported at 6:12 p.m., was caused by an accidental spill of gasoline.

Damage to the house, located at 28-2889 Kapehu Pl., was estimated at $500 to the structure and $2,500 to its contents.

When firefighters arrived, the fire was already extinguished and no flames were visible.

No one was injured in the blaze.

 

No comments
By participating in online discussions you acknowledge that you have agreed to the TERMS OF SERVICE. An insightful discussion of ideas and viewpoints is encouraged, but comments must be civil and in good taste, with no personal attacks. Because only subscribers are allowed to comment, we have your personal information and are able to contact you. If your comments are inappropriate, you may be banned from posting. To report comments that you believe do not follow our guidelines, email commentfeedback@staradvertiser.com.