POSTED: 08:09 p.m. HST, Jun 24, 2013
LAST UPDATED: 10:59 p.m. HST, Jun 24, 2013
The Honolulu Fire Department has estimated damages for a pair of fires that destroyed residences in Pearl City and Kaimuki over the weekend.
The Pearl City fire, which was caused by an unattended candle, consumed a two-story house on Lehua Avenue on Saturday evening. Damage has been estimated at $200,000 to the structure and $20,000 to its contents, according to HFD spokesman Capt. Gary Lum.
Fire also gutted a residence on Kaimuki Avenue on Sunday afternoon. The cause of the fire is still under investigation. Damages have been estimated at $200,000 to the structure and $40,000 to its contents.