Quantcast

Thursday, August 21, 2014         

 Print   Email   Most Popular   Save   Post   Retweet

Maui restaurant worker suffers minor burns in stove fire

By Star-Advertiser staff

POSTED:
LAST UPDATED: 01:18 a.m. HST, Nov 12, 2013



A 52-year-old Maui restaurant worker suffered minor burns in a stove fire shortly after noon Monday in Kahului.

Maui firefighters responded to a 12:08 p.m. alarm for a structure fire at Dragon Dragon Restaurant, 70 E. Kaahumanu Ave., located in the Maui Mall.

Crews arrived to find the fire out and the restaurant patrons had evacuated.

The automatic fire sprinkler system extinguished the fire, which was contained to the stove.

The cause was determined to be a malfunctioning valve on the stove, and determined to be accidental, a fire official said.

The male worker had minor burns to his face and arms, but refused medical transport.

Damage was estimated at $500. There was minor water damage to the ceiling tiles. No food was lost.





More From The Star-Advertiser

Newswatch




 Print   Email   Most Popular   Save   Post   Retweet

IN OTHER NEWS
Breaking News
Blogs