Quantcast

Friday, July 25, 2014         

 Print   Email   Comment | View 5 Comments   Most Popular   Save   Post   Retweet

Alan Wong lends name to new Hawaii coffee blend

By Erika Engle

POSTED:
LAST UPDATED: 04:25 p.m. HST, Nov 21, 2013



Hawaii Coffee Co. has launched its first Ka'u coffee blend with the endorsement, name and logo of renowned Hawaii chef and restaurateur Alan Wong.

The 10 percent Ka'u coffee blend already is marketed on the company's website and will be introduced to the media at a Monday cupping event.

The Alan Wong's line includes French roast, medium roast and vanilla macadamia nut.

Separately, Hawaii Coffee Co. offers a "Chef Series" line of its Royal Kona coffee blends using 10 percent Kona coffee. The line bears the names of chefs Sam Choy, Roy Yamaguchi, Chef Sakai and Russell Siu's 3660 on the Rise.

The new Alan Wong blends are the company's first using coffee grown in the Big Island's Ka'u District and will be sold under the Royal Hawaiian banner.

Hawaii Coffee Co. also owns the Lion Coffee Brand.






More From The Star-Advertiser

Business Briefs

Da Kine




 Print   Email   Comment | View 5 Comments   Most Popular   Save   Post   Retweet

COMMENTS
(5)
You must be subscribed to participate in discussions
By participating in online discussions you acknowledge that you have agreed to the TERMS OF SERVICE. An insightful discussion of ideas and viewpoints is encouraged, but comments must be civil and in good taste, with no personal attacks. Because only subscribers are allowed to comment, we have your personal information and are able to contact you. If your comments are inappropriate, you may receive a warning, and if you persist with such comments you may be banned from posting. To report comments that you believe do not follow our guidelines, email commentfeedback@staradvertiser.com.
Leave a comment

Please login to leave a comment.
GeoDiva wrote:
Only 10% Hawaiian coffee? What's in the other 90%? Cheap South American?
on November 21,2013 | 08:50AM
SteveToo wrote:
yup
on November 21,2013 | 09:01AM
808wavewarrior wrote:
Auwe, the state should stop allowing these companies to market only 10% Hawaii coffee and let it be "such and such" coffee. It is also sad that these celebrity chefs let there names be used. The coffee farmers work hard. It should be at least 50% if not only 100%.
on November 21,2013 | 10:47AM
cojef wrote:
Dilution of the pure Hawaiian green coffee bean means importing cheap foreign products, equating to the the introduction of the coffee bean borer that decimated much of the local crops. Punishment? Go figure! Personally, purchase green coffee beans from a wholesaler about 35 miles distance away. Roast and only drink pure coffee from whatever place I choose. Not a blended coffee.
on November 21,2013 | 11:18AM
niceynicey wrote:
Gee, SA gives Alan Wong free publicity. Wong should pay for the ads!
on November 21,2013 | 06:29PM
IN OTHER NEWS
Breaking News