Quantcast

Tuesday, September 30, 2014         

 Print   Email   Most Popular   Save   Post   Retweet

Prosecutor vows to continue gaming machine investigation

By Leila Fujimori

POSTED:
LAST UPDATED: 09:41 p.m. HST, May 05, 2014


After three years and countless hours of investigation, city Prosecutor Keith Kaneshiro said he's not through in his pursuit of alleged gambling with sweepstakes machines.

"This is not the end of this investigation," Kaneshiro said at a news conference Monday. "We have ongoing investigations."  

Joining him at his office were top brass of the Honolulu Police Department, including Police Chief Louis Kealoha.

Kaneshiro said the indictment of nine individuals Wednesday on 414 counts of gambling promotion, racketeering, possession of gambling devices and money laundering had nothing to do with a ruling that day by a federal judge.

 Judge Leslie Kobayashi ruled Wednesday in a lawsuit that the manner in which the Products Direct Sweepstakes machines were used constitutes gambling.

Kaneshiro said the grand jury convened Wednesday, and the indictment had been sealed by  a state judge until Monday.






 Print   Email   Most Popular   Save   Post   Retweet

IN OTHER NEWS
Breaking News
Blogs
Political Radar
`Side-by-side’

Political Radar
Fore!

Political Radar
1994

Island Crafters
Proud Mommy Status

Wassup Wit Dat!
Got You Now

Warrior Beat
Back on the field

Small Talk
The arm touch

Political Radar
`Not an option’