An early morning fire that caused an estimated $350,000 in damage to a Kahului home and its contents was apparently caused by children playing with a lighter, according to the Maui Fire Department.
Firefighters responding to a 12:01 a.m. call found the three-bedroom home on Lono Avenue engulfed in flames. The fire was brought under control just before 1 a.m. and extinguished at 3:32 a.m.
No injuries were reported.
The American Red Cross is assisting the displaced residents of the home with shelter, food and other needs.