comscore Police and Fire | Honolulu Star-Advertiser
911 Report | Hawaii News

Police and Fire


Officials mum on ID of dead woman

The Honolulu Medical Examiner’s Office yesterday was not releasing the name or preliminary cause of death for a woman who was dropped off at a Honolulu hospital Sunday morning by an unidentified man who then left abruptly.

Police said a man went to a hospital at 10:50 a.m. Sunday with a woman who was unresponsive and possibly dead. The name of the hospital was not disclosed.

Police said the man went to the emergency room and asked for a wheelchair. He left and returned to inform hospital staff that a woman who needed help was at the emergency room entrance.

Hospital staff found a woman in her 30s who was unresponsive and pronounced dead, police said.

Police said the woman did not have any identification. The man did not identify her or himself before leaving.

Officers use Taser to subdue man

Honolulu police used a Taser to subdue an Iroquois Point man who allegedly advanced toward officers with a knife during a domestic dispute Sunday night.

An officer earlier fired his gun at the man but did not hit him. The man retreated into the home, police said. Additional officers arrived and used a Taser to subdue the 28-year-old man.

Police said officers responded to reports of a man attempting to kill his wife about 7 p.m. Sunday. The man came to the door holding a knife, police said. The man let his wife leave the home at 6813-B 110th St. But he continued to wield the knife and would not comply with the officer’s commands to put it down, police said. He moved toward the officers and was subdued with a Taser, police said.

A 25-year-old woman suffered minor knife injuries and was treated and released, police said.
The suspect also suffered minor injuries and was treated and released. He was arrested on attempted murder and terroristic threatening charges.

Husband arrested after argument

An argument over a crying baby led to a fight and the arrest of a 28-year-old man in the Catlin Park military housing complex yesterday.

Police said a husband and wife had been arguing late Sunday night over a 4-month-old baby left crying alone in a bed. The dispute escalated and the man allegedly choked his wife. A nanny called police and the man was arrested about 12:35 a.m. yesterday.

Comments have been disabled for this story...

Click here to see our full coverage of the coronavirus outbreak. Submit your coronavirus news tip.

Be the first to know
Get web push notifications from Star-Advertiser when the next breaking story happens — it's FREE! You just need a supported web browser.
Subscribe for this feature

Scroll Up