The parents of a 15-year-old girl who died from alcohol poisoning are suing the man who hosted the party she attended.
Makamae Ah Mook Sang was pronounced dead at Straub Clinic & Hospital July 30, 2009, after attending a party at a Hahaione Valley home the night before. Her blood-alcohol content was 0.433, more than five times the minimum level at which state law deems a person too drunk to drive.
Michael Clark, 25, pleaded no contest to providing alcohol to Ah Mook Sang and four other female teenagers at the party and is serving a one-year prison term.
Ah Mook Sang’s parents filed a lawsuit in state court yesterday against Clark, his mother and his mother’s real estate company. The lawsuit claims Denise Clark was in the home when her son hosted the party attended by Ah Mook Sang. Clark’s company, Eden Pacific Properties, and her mother own the Kahena Street home.
On the morning of July 30, Michael Clark helped load Ah Mook Sang’s body into the car of one of the other underage girls and told the girl to leave, according to the lawsuit. The girl took Ah Mook Sang to Straub, where hospital staff pronounced her dead. It was evident that Ah Mook Sang had been dead for a while, the lawsuit said.