comscore Faulty extension cord blamed for Waipahu fire | Honolulu Star-Advertiser
Top News

Faulty extension cord blamed for Waipahu fire

[ AD HAS BEEN REMOVED FROM THIS STORY ]

A faulty extension cord started a fire yesterday that caused $450,000 damage to a home in Waipahu, firefighters said.

The fire at 94-449 Hiahia Loop started in a spare bedroom of the four-bedroom home about 2 p.m. and destroyed the home.

Two people were inside at the time. A man was injured when he went back into the house to rescue an elderly woman, who was already outside the burning building.

He was taken to the hospital for observation and released.

The American Red Cross helped the three residents.

Damage was estimated at $450,000.

Click here to see our full coverage of the coronavirus outbreak. Submit your coronavirus news tip.

Be the first to know
Get web push notifications from Star-Advertiser when the next breaking story happens — it's FREE! You just need a supported web browser.
Subscribe for this feature
Comments have been disabled for this story...

Scroll Up