comscore Man gets shock after poking dead bear on live wire | Honolulu Star-Advertiser
Top News

Man gets shock after poking dead bear on live wire

[ AD HAS BEEN REMOVED FROM THIS STORY ]

LIVINGSTON, Mont. >> Authorities say a bow hunter in southern Montana suffered serious injuries from an electric shock when he used a knife to poke a dead bear that was lying on live wires.

The Park County Sheriff’s Office says Edward Garcia came across the bear carcass Sunday in the Beattie Gulch area north of Gardiner. The shock from poking the carcass caused injuries to Garcia’s torso, head and hands.

The sheriff’s office says Garcia walked two miles to find help. He was flown to a burn center in Salt Lake City.

Garcia’s condition wasn’t immediately clear. Sheriff’s Office Lt. Tom Totland tells the Livingston Enterprise that he does not know where Garcia is from.

The sheriff’s office says NorthWestern Energy has turned off power to the line.

Comments have been disabled for this story...

Click here to see our full coverage of the coronavirus outbreak. Submit your coronavirus news tip.

Be the first to know
Get web push notifications from Star-Advertiser when the next breaking story happens — it's FREE! You just need a supported web browser.
Subscribe for this feature

Scroll Up