comscore Salt Lake man indicted in machete attack | Honolulu Star-Advertiser
Top News

Salt Lake man indicted in machete attack

[ AD HAS BEEN REMOVED FROM THIS STORY ]

It was an argument over a tool box that led to one man slashing another with a machete in Kalihi last week, said Rebecca Lester, deputy city prosecutor.

An Oahu grand jury returned an indictment Wednesday charging McNeil A. Valencia with attempted second-degree murder. Valencia, 24, of Salt Lake, is no longer in custody after posting $75,000 bail through a bail bond company Monday, Lester said.

Police said Valencia went to a home on Eluwene Street Oct. 26, met with a group of friends and accused the 23-year-old victim of stealing from him.

Lester said Valencia then pulled out a machete and slashed the victim three to four times. She said the two men had been friends for about nine years.

Click here to see our full coverage of the coronavirus outbreak. Submit your coronavirus news tip.

Be the first to know
Get web push notifications from Star-Advertiser when the next breaking story happens — it's FREE! You just need a supported web browser.
Subscribe for this feature
Comments have been disabled for this story...

Scroll Up