comscore Small electrical explosion hits Kaheka Street church | Honolulu Star-Advertiser
Top News

Small electrical explosion hits Kaheka Street church

[ AD HAS BEEN REMOVED FROM THIS STORY ]

A small electrical explosion at the Sts. Peter and Paul Catholic Church on Kaheka Street late Thursday morning caused about $10,000 in damage and sent one person to the hospital with possible smoke inhalation.

An electrical malfunction in an underground service line caused the 11:20 a.m. explosion to the church’s switch panel, causing some damage to the church workshop and storage room and an adjacent bathroom, said Capt. Terry Seelig, Honolulu Fire Department spokesman.

A church employee was taken to the hospital with possible smoke inhalation, according to Seelig and a spokesman for the Catholic Church.

 

Comments have been disabled for this story...

Click here to see our full coverage of the coronavirus outbreak. Submit your coronavirus news tip.

Be the first to know
Get web push notifications from Star-Advertiser when the next breaking story happens — it's FREE! You just need a supported web browser.
Subscribe for this feature

Scroll Up