comscore Woman suffers burns on hand from rice cooker | Honolulu Star-Advertiser
Top News

Woman suffers burns on hand from rice cooker

[ AD HAS BEEN REMOVED FROM THIS STORY ]

 A 62-year-old woman was taken to Straub Clinic & Hospital with first- and second-degree burns to her hand after a rice cooker had an electrical short in Kalihi.

Firefighters responded to a possible house fire in the 2600 block of Kalihi Street shortly before 5 p.m. Wednesday and found the woman injured, but no fire, said Honolulu fire Capt. Carlton Yamada.

Working with a translator, firefighters learned that the woman was hurt by the rice cooker.

The woman was taken to the hospital in serious condition, an Emergency Medical Services supervisor said.

 

Comments have been disabled for this story...

Click here to see our full coverage of the coronavirus outbreak. Submit your coronavirus news tip.

Be the first to know
Get web push notifications from Star-Advertiser when the next breaking story happens — it's FREE! You just need a supported web browser.
Subscribe for this feature

Scroll Up