comscore Enchanted Lake house fire caused by faulty electrical wiring | Honolulu Star-Advertiser
Top News

Enchanted Lake house fire caused by faulty electrical wiring

Firefighters determined a fire that damaged an Enchanted Lake home on Tuesday was started by malfunctioning electrical wiring in the wall, a Honolulu Fire Department spokesman said.

The fire caused $60,000 in damage and was determined to be unintentional, said fire Capt. Terry Seelig.

He said the rear bedroom where the fire started had heavy damage and another room next door had moderate damage.

Firefighters quickly extinguished the fire at 553 Pauku St. about 8:15 p.m. Tuesday.

Four people live at the home, but no one was hurt.

Click here to see our full coverage of the coronavirus outbreak. Submit your coronavirus news tip.

Be the first to know
Get web push notifications from Star-Advertiser when the next breaking story happens — it's FREE! You just need a supported web browser.
Subscribe for this feature
Comments have been disabled for this story...

Scroll Up