comscore Father of Connecticut school gunman claims son's body | Honolulu Star-Advertiser
Top News

Father of Connecticut school gunman claims son’s body

[ AD HAS BEEN REMOVED FROM THIS STORY ]

HARTFORD, Conn. » The father of the gunman who killed 26 people in a Connecticut elementary school, including 20 first-graders, has claimed his son’s body, a spokesman for the family said today.

The remains of Adam Lanza were claimed by Peter Lanza, the spokesman said. He said there were private arrangements over the weekend, but would not elaborate on what those arrangements were.

The office of Connecticut’s medical examiner released the body on Thursday to a person who asked to be anonymous, according to Linda Sylvia, an office spokeswoman.

Adam Lanza, 20, slaughtered the children and six adults at the Sandy Hook Elementary School on Dec. 14. He also killed his mother in their Newtown home before going on the rampage and then committing suicide.

A private funeral was held earlier this month in New Hampshire for his mother, Nancy Lanza, who was divorced from Peter Lanza.

Peter Lanza lives in Stamford, Conn., and is a tax director at General Electric.

Authorities have not offered a motive for the killings. State police say they have been exploring all aspects of Adam Lanza’s life including his education, family history and medical treatment for clues.

Police have said it could take months to produce a final report on their investigation.

Click here to see our full coverage of the coronavirus outbreak. Submit your coronavirus news tip.

Be the first to know
Get web push notifications from Star-Advertiser when the next breaking story happens — it's FREE! You just need a supported web browser.
Subscribe for this feature
Comments have been disabled for this story...

Scroll Up