comscore Intruder found at Jennifer Lopez's Hamptons estate | Honolulu Star-Advertiser
Top News

Intruder found at Jennifer Lopez’s Hamptons estate

  • ASSOCIATED PRESS
    Jennifer Lopez arrived at the 53rd annual Grammy Awards in Los Angeles on Feb. 13
[ AD HAS BEEN REMOVED FROM THIS STORY ]

SOUTHAMPTON, N.Y. » Police say an intruder had been living for a week on Jennifer Lopez’s property in the Hamptons while she was away.

Southampton police said Wednesday she had an order of protection against 49-year-old John Dubis of Rhode Island. Information on why the order was obtained wasn’t immediately available.

Newsday says workers discovered Dubis in the pool house of the Water Mill mansion on Aug. 8.

He was arraigned the following day on charges of burglary, criminal contempt, stalking and possession of burglar tools. He’s being held on $100,000 bail. His next court date is Aug. 28.

The publicist for the singer-actress couldn’t be reached for comment and it was unclear whether Dubis had a lawyer.

Lopez bought the 3-acre Water Mill mansion in May.

Click here to see our full coverage of the coronavirus outbreak. Submit your coronavirus news tip.

Be the first to know
Get web push notifications from Star-Advertiser when the next breaking story happens — it's FREE! You just need a supported web browser.
Subscribe for this feature
Comments have been disabled for this story...

Scroll Up