comscore Hotel fires person who recorded Jay Z attack video | Honolulu Star-Advertiser
Top News

Hotel fires person who recorded Jay Z attack video

  • MATT SAYLES/INVISION/AP
    Beyonce, left, and Jay Z performed "Drunk in Love" at the 56th annual Grammy Awards in Los Angeles on Jan. 26.
[ AD HAS BEEN REMOVED FROM THIS STORY ]

NEW YORK » A hotel where someone recorded security video appearing to show Beyonce’s sister, Solange Knowles, attacking Jay Z inside an elevator said Wednesday it had identified and fired the person.

The Standard Hotel said the person had been terminated for "breaching the security polices of the hotel and recording the confidential CCTV video."

Celebrity website TMZ posted the 3-minute video on Monday and said it was shot last week inside a Standard Hotel elevator.

The video appears to show Solange attacking Jay Z in Beyonce’s presence. A security guard intervenes. The footage shows the performers in the outfits they wore to the Met Gala last week. There is no audio.

The hotel said after the video was first aired that it was "shocked and disappointed" by the security breach. It said Wednesday that it will turn over "all available information to criminal authorities."

Representatives for Jay Z, Beyonce and Solange haven’t commented on the video and didn’t reply to emails sent Wednesday seeking comment.

Jay Z and Beyonce, who were married in 2008, will kick off their co-headlining "On the Run Tour" on June 25 in Miami.

Solange recently performed at the Coachella Valley Music and Arts Festival, where Beyonce joined her onstage.

Comments have been disabled for this story...

Click here to see our full coverage of the coronavirus outbreak. Submit your coronavirus news tip.

Be the first to know
Get web push notifications from Star-Advertiser when the next breaking story happens — it's FREE! You just need a supported web browser.
Subscribe for this feature

Scroll Up