An unattended cooking fire that displaced four men in Manoa on Wednesday caused $350,000 in damages, a fire official said Thursday.
Honolulu Fire Capt. David Jenkins said the fire began about 5:15 p.m. on the second floor of a single-family home at 3059 Woolsey Place.
Thirty-five firefighters responded to the two-alarm fire and extinguished it in about 40 minutes, Jenkins said. The home was destroyed.
One man was home at the time and sustained light burns to his face, but he declined to be taken to a hospital.
Jenkins said the blaze caused $320,000 in damages to the structure and $30,000 in damages to the contents.
The Red Cross was assisting the residents.