comscore Ewa Beach house fire traced to clothes dryer | Honolulu Star-Advertiser
Top News

Ewa Beach house fire traced to clothes dryer

Honolulu Star-Advertiser logo
Unlimited access to premium stories for as low as $12.95 /mo.
Get It Now

    Eighteen firefighters responded to a house fire in Ewa Beach today. Five people, alerted by a smoke alarm, were able to escape. The cause and damage estimate have not been determined yet.

A malfunctioning clothes dryer caused a fire at a home in Ewa Beach, according to the Honolulu Fire Department.

The fire occurred inside a closed garage of a home at 91-996 Awawalei Pl. shortly after 4:40 p.m. Thursday. Honolulu Fire Spokesman Capt. David Jenkins said the fire was brought under control shortly after 4:50 p.m. and extinguished by 5:02 p.m.

Five people who were at home at the time of the fire safely escaped after they were alerted by a smoke alarm.

Damage was estimated at $50,000 to the structure and its contents.

Comments (0)

By participating in online discussions you acknowledge that you have agreed to the Terms of Service. An insightful discussion of ideas and viewpoints is encouraged, but comments must be civil and in good taste, with no personal attacks. If your comments are inappropriate, you may be banned from posting. Report comments if you believe they do not follow our guidelines.

Having trouble with comments? Learn more here.

Click here to see our full coverage of the coronavirus outbreak. Submit your coronavirus news tip.

Be the first to know
Get web push notifications from Star-Advertiser when the next breaking story happens — it's FREE! You just need a supported web browser.
Subscribe for this feature

Scroll Up